- Proclaiming the Gospel in Worship, printed in the Fall 2008 edition of Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly (Volume 105, Number 4, pages 248-284), the theological journal of the WELS, edited by the faculty of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary (Mequon, Wisconsin).
- Christian Worship: Supplement, Introductory Resources booklet, general editor, and author of the booklet’s article, “Prayer of Thanksgiving” (pp. 16-19), published in September 2008 and distributed by the WELS Commission on Worship.
- Christian Worship: Supplement, Divine Services, printed in the November 2008 (No. 33) edition of Worship the Lord, a bi-monthly worship newsletter for pastors published by the WELS Commission on Worship.
- Come, Lord Jesus, a children’s Christmas service published in 2009 by Northwestern Publishing House.
- Worship Words: Catholicity, printed in the January 2010 (No. 40) edition of Worship the Lord.
- Worship and the Right Brain, printed in the July 2016 (No. 78) edition of Worship the Lord later in 2016.
Essays & Presentations
- Exegesis of Ephesians 1:15-23, an essay presented to the WELS Arizona-California District Pastoral Conference, meeting at Water of Life Lutheran Church in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 19, 2004.
- Organist Workshop presented at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Citrus Heights, California on July 22, 2006.
- Exegetical Presentation on 3 John 9-15, an essay presented to the WELS Northern California Study Conference, meeting at St. John Lutheran Church in Vacaville, California on April 28, 2008.
- Worship Education and Exploration Month, a workshop presented at the WELS National Conference on Worship, Music, and the Arts, held at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota on July 28-31, 2008.
- Neither Papistic nor Karlstadtian: Luther’s Principles of Adiaphora Applied to the Liturgical Life of the Church, an essay presented to the WELS Arizona-California District Pastoral Conference, meeting at St. Paul’s First Lutheran Church in North Hollywood, California on October 20, 2009.
- Enhancing the Liturgical Year, a workshop presented at the WELS National Conference on Worship, Music, and the Arts, held at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota, and Martin Luther College in New Ulm, Minnesota, on July 19-22, 2011 and again at Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin on July 22-25, 2014.
Worship Coordinator Resources
During his time as the District Worship Coordinator for the WELS Arizona-California District, Pastor Strey prepared a number of practical resources for the pastors and churches of the district and beyond. These resources, originally posted on the WELS AZ-CA District website’s worship page, include:
- Advent Series Resources
- Alternate Confessions of Faith
- Christmas & Epiphany Chart
- Church Year Season Summaries
- Midweek Lent Service Ideas
- Responsive Dialogues for Worship
- Tackling Tough Tunes
Pastor Strey was the organist on the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Chorus’s 1998 tour concert CD, called “Proclaim Freedom to the Captives.” The recording included two organ solos, played on the Seminary chapel’s 25-rank Martin Ott pipe organ:
- Kyrie, O God the Holy Ghost by J.S. Bach, from Klavierübung III
- Lord, Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word by Jan Bender
Pastor Strey has organized and participated in a number of “hymn festival” concerts:
- 2002 Hymn Festival in Belmont, CA
- 2003 Hymn Festival in Belmont, CA
- 2005 Hymn Festival in Belmont, CA
- 2006 Hymn Festival in Citrus Heights, CA
- 2010 Hymn Festival in Belmont, CA
- 2014 Ascension Hymn Festival in Penryn, CA
- 2014 Fall Hymn Festival in Citrus Heights, CA (cf. Media section below for video)
- Audio of “Proclaiming the Gospel in Worship” essay from 2008 (cf. Published Works section above). Please note, as this blog post indicates, that this audio is of the published version of the essay, which inadvertently was not the version that was intended to be the final copy.
- “Blog of the Week” on Issues, Etc. on February 27, 2009. This blog, previously called “Pastor Strey’s Weblog,” and another WELS member’s blog were mentioned in this segment.
- Video of the Fall Hymn Festival on October 22, 2014 (cf. Performances section above for program).
- Interview on KFYI (710 AM Sacramento) recorded on December 15, 2015. This interview of the pastors of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Citrus Heights, California, aired on KFYI in early 2016 when St. Mark’s was featured as the station’s “Church of the Week.”